FoldLine – flexible digital print finishing solution for newspapers, commercials and direct mailings.
The fully-automatic, multivariable pin-type folder FoldLine from manroland web systems is the optimal finishing tool for newspaper production in digital production environments. It provides the possibility to produce broadsheet and tabloid newspapers in long-grain and short-grain format with different structures, and thus ensures maximum utilization of the advantages of digital printing for newspaper and commercial printing.
The FoldLine can produce up to twelve newspaper sections or up to 96 pages, and so the digitally printed newspaper has the same look and feel as customary offset issues for readers and advertisers.
Besides newspapers, the FoldLine can also produce commercials and direct-mailings. In addition, the system can also be used to produce cylinder-stitched booklets and book signatures.
Your folding options:
- Newspaper production: all common Broadsheet & Tabloid formats
- Semi-commercial production: cylinder-stitched booklets or inserts
- 45 – 80 gsm (for newspaper production)
- Option: 45 – 135 gsm (with cross perforation)
- Minimum page format: 152 x 210 mm
- Maximum page format: 580 x 400 mm
- 150 m/min (2,5 m/s) up to 300 m/min (5 m/s)
Web width available
- 20” – 30” – 42”
- Digital printer integrated in manroland web systems FoldLine
- Digital splicer/unwinder integrated in FoldLine
- Industrial design by manroland engineering based on web offset modules
- Outstanding productivity
- High reliability and low production tolerances
- Best-of-class variable cut sheet separation within belt sections
- Dynamic change of pagination and book structure without standstill “on the fly”
- Dynamic change of cut-off length for all folding options
- Fully JDF/JMF-controlled device for setup time down to 3 min with format change
- Variable Broadsheet sections for individual newspapers
- Additional features available FoldLine: cylinder-stitched, tabloid newspapers, booklets or book signatures